The Mountain Troubadour
Members are encouraged to submit poems each year to be considered for publication in The Mountain Troubadour. Please follow the submission guidelines on the TMT Awards & Submissions page.
Members may submit poems to each of the seven summer contests. Please follow the Summer Contests & Summer Contests Submission Guidelines.
- CAROL AND ARNOLD ABELSON AWARD
- An historical event or place orcurrent political situation that fosters opposition, controversy and/or social change, 40-line limit
- MARY MARGARET AUDETTE MEMORIAL AWARD
- Light or humorous verse, 32-line limit
- RICHARD BARRY MEMORIAL AWARD
- Vermont or country theme, 32-line limit
- MARIAN GLEASON MEMORIAL AWARD
- Any theme, 20-line limit
- GOLDSTEIN MEMORIAL AWARD
- Any theme, 40-line limit
- LAURA J. SPOONER MEMORIAL AWARD
- Love poem, 40-line limit
- CHRIS WHITE MEMORIAL AWARD
- Science, science fiction, or math theme, 25-line limit
Spring & Fall Workshops
The Spring & Fall Workshops are led by a guest poet who provides valuable feedback on member poems and guidance to the group on workshopping poems submitted. Prior to the workshop, members can submit one poem which is read and voted on by members. The top five winning poems will be published in the next year’s publication of The Mountain Troubadour.