Deadline: July 1, 2023 11:59 pm
- Annual PSOV membership dues must be paid to be eligible to submit poems.
- Previously published poems (in print or online) or simultaneously submitted poems are not eligible for submission.
- Only one poem may be submitted to each of the seven Summer Contest awards.
- Each submitted poem must have a title and one contest designation.
Length: See the individual contest descriptions for line limits.
Line counts (as specified for each award contest below) are firm and include the title, any epigraph, and all spaces between these as well as those spaces between all stanzas.
- Form: Traditional, free-verse, or other styles are acceptable, but avoid overly long line length.
- For submissions to the: Abelson, Audette, Barry, and Goldstein contests, send your entries to: Summer Contests- Julia.
- For submissions to the: Gleason, Spooner and Chris White contests, send your entries Summer Contests – Carol.
- Use the subject Line: PSOV Summer Contests
- The body of your email submission must contain your name, a list of the titles of the poems you are entering, and the name of the particular award each poem is entered for.
- The poem(s) must be in a single attachment, formatted in single-spaced, Times New Roman 12-pt typeface, and sent in Microsoft Word.
- Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers within the poem file you attach.
Download 2023 Guidelines Here.
For each award, judges will name one Winner, receiving a $50 prize, and publication in the 2024 Mountain Troubadour. Judges will also name an Honorable Mention for six of the contests; the Abelson contests awards $25 to a second-place winner. All six Honorable Mentions and the second-place winner will be published in the 2024 Mountain Troubadour