The Poetry Society of Vermont 2023 Spring Workshop was held on May 13th at the Quechee Inn at Marshland Farm, Quechee, Vermont. Twenty four members attended the wonderful luncheon and workshop led by poet, Chard deNiord where he provided critique after members read their poems. Members also offered feedback to others after their readings. Thanks to technology, a few members were able to attended remotely.
Prior to the workshop, members at large were asked to vote on their four favorite poems. The following MEMBERS’ CHOICE SPRING WINNERS are listed below and will be published in The Mountain Troubadour 2024.
- “Murmuration” David Mook First Place
- “Spring Fling” Cindy Hill Second Place
- “My Body Remembers” Carol Milkuhn Third Place
- “Before the Deluge” Kathryn Bonnez Fourth Place Tie
- “Instructions for Tapping a Poem in Spring” Elizabeth McCarthy Fourth Place Tie